Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 15 & 16

Top 10 Things I Learned In HTLH 3500, Spring 2009

10. Blogs are time-consuming, but also a great tool of technology!


9. Most of the cosmetic products I currently use are hazardous to my health and the environment.


8. Global warming is inconvenient, but there are little things we can do reverse or halt its effects.


7. Your body feels better within days after eliminating red meat from your diet.


6. Going “green,” is a huge political issue. You can become an advocate for the environment by writing a letter to your political representative.


5. How much money you make predicts how long you will live.


4. Privatizing water is a significant issue in other countries that is starting to gain popularity in parts of the United States.


3. Environmental-related majors and graduate programs are becoming more popular and people with these degrees are in demand in America’s workforce.


2. “Junking” is a hobby I would like to invest some time in.


1. This quite possibly may have been my most favorite class of my UMD college career!



Have a spectacular summer, everyone!

5 comments:

Toby said...

I like the count down! Have a good summer!

hschoof said...

I love the format you chose to write your reflection and I agree with all of your "Top 10" items!

It's been fun being in your group! Have a great summer!

Jessica said...

very creative post lauren! you always have super good ideas!!! have a great summer:)

Dr. V. said...

Love this, Lauren! Very creative and fun! One of my favorite posts the entire semester!!

Unknown said...

Very nice job Lauren! :) For sure 10 ten activities/things to learn in this class!

About Me

My photo
Lauren is currently a senior at the University of Minnesota Duluth, where she is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Community Health Education and a minor in Biology. During her free time, she enjoys the outdoors, cooking, and reading intriguing books.